Sunday, February 1, 2015

Reading Event Complete: Sci-Fi Experience



2015sfexp275 Carl V over at Stainless Droppings who sponsors the Sci-Fi Experience  also advertises his reading event (which spans December and January) as "not a challenge."  So, I needing a goal to meet, set myself a personal challenge of five by January 31st and lined it up for my 2015 challenge list.

Here's what I managed--all in January:
1. Ten Thousand Light-Years from Home by James Tiptree, Jr. (1/2/15)
2. Asimov's Choice: Black Holes & Bug-Eyed Monsters by George H. Scithers, ed (1/9/15)
3. Alpha 2 by Robert Silverberg, ed (1/18/15)
4. Rod Serling's Twilight Zone Revisited adapted by Walter B. Gibson (1/20/15)
5. The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham [1951] (1/22/15)

2 comments:

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

A great collection Bev - and Tiptree deserves to be better known - she was such a major name in the 70s but seems to be fairly obscure now, which really saddens me.

Bev Hankins said...

Yes, indeed. I love Tiptree--especially Brightness Falls from the Air.