Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.

Here's mine from The Patient in Room 18 by Mignon G. Eberhart (p. 49):

What with one thing and another, I had very little time of my own until about two o'clock in the afternoon when, after firmly getting rid of Miss Dotty, who evidenced a distressing disposition to cling and whisper in horrified italics, I sat down at the south-wing chart desk, drew a blank chart toward me, and presenting as forbidding a back against interruption as I could, I tried to think.

3 comments:

fredamans said...

Not sure that one is my cup of tea. Hope you're enjoying it.

Bev Hankins said...

I really enjoy Eberhart's Nurse Sarah Keate mysteries. She sounds a little more severe than she really is in this snippet.

Yvonne said...

I haven't heard about this one. It sounds like it could be a good read. Enjoy!