Saturday, November 30, 2013

Challenge Wrap-UP: European Reading Challenge


Host: Rose City Reader
Name: European Reading Challenge, 2013
Post Reviews

Dates: January - January
My Goal: 5+ Books (Five Star, Deluxe Entourage)


I actually completed my goal (five or more books) for this challenge back in March--but I knew that I would have more on the reading list that would qualify.  I've now doubled my goal and am posting my wrap-up.  It's possible that I'll add one or two more before the year is out...but we'll have to see where my TBR pile leads me.

Thanks to Gillion for hosting another fun reading travel extravaganza!
My List:

1. The Man Who Went up in Smoke by May Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö (set in Hungary, written by Swedish authors) [1/8/13]

2. Whip Smart: Lola Montez Conquers the Spaniards  by Kit Brennan (Spain) [2/9/13]
3. Three English Comedies by A. B. De Mille (United Kingdom) [2/27/13]
4. The Perfect Landscape by Ragna Sigurdardottir (Iceland) [3/12/13]
5. The Lady Vanishes by Ethel Lina White (Bulgaria--actually takes place in the "Balkans" which area covers parts of Bulgaria, Serbia, Turkey, etc; I have arbitrarily picked Bulgaria for location) [3/17/13]
6. The Talking Sparrow Murders by Darwin Teilhet (Germany) [5/6/13]
7. Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov [Russia] (6/23/13)
8. The Monster of Florence by Magdalen Nabb [Italy] (8/17/13 
9. Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen (Denmark) [8/20/13]
10. Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne (French author) [11/27/13]

2 comments:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Congratulations on finishing the 2013 challenge! And thanks for signing up again in 2014!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

You made it to the Honorable Mention list for reading more than 10 or more books set in different countries.

The main wrap up post listing you as one of the Honorable Mention participants is here: http://www.rosecityreader.com/2014/02/2013-european-reading-challenge-wrap-up.html