Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mount TBR: Climbing Everest (Checkpoint #2)


Even though Goodreads says that I'm behind on my overall reading goal (150 books), I'm right on track in my trek up Mt. Everest.  So far, I've managed 51 books (or about 14,805 ft up the mountain).  The air has gotten a bit thin and I took a bit longer over my latest book (The Taming of the Shrew) than anticipated.  Hopefully, this isn't a sign of rough travels ahead.

I may still have a fuzzy brain from my Route 66 excursion, so my poetry attempts are a little weak this time...but having said how much I liked that little activity, I thought I better make a showing. And since I've been reading a huge number of mysteries, the poems are a little doom and gloomish.  Here goes (almost in haiku form):

Such Friends Are Dangerous
The Morning After Death,
the Death of a God 

So Many Steps to Death 
lead from a Bland Beginning
to A Finer End

Good luck to all the climbers on our next quarter's journey!

4 comments:

fredamans said...

Cute little poem! Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have one more book to finish my Mt. TBR Challenge!

Anonymous said...

I like the poem, but hopefully next check in ours are a bit less morbid!

Bev Hankins said...

Good for you, Laurel-Rain!

Geoff: We can hope...but I have an awful lot of mysteries on Mt. TBR, so probably not for me.