Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: What I Love About Blogging.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today The Broke and the Bookish are celebrating their Blogoversary and in honor the event Top Ten participants are asked to share the Top Ten Reasons We Love Blogging.

Here we go:

1. All the marvelous people I have met in the blogosphere. Book Bloggers, especially, are some of the nicest people on earth. I have made so many virtual friends that I know I'd love to meet in person. It's been awesome.

2. It's been the best way to track my reading. That was the initial reason I started blogging. I just wanted a place to write about my books and what I thought and how much I love to read and how much I love vintage mysteries....and I get to do ALL of that and anything else too.

3. Challenges. I love the challenges. If I'd never started blogging, would never have found all the challenges. Challenges to stretch my comfort zone. Challenges to get me to read books that have been gathering dust on the TBR shelves way too long. Challenges that help me feed my mystery habit. Love them.

4. And I've discovered that I love sponsoring Challenges as well. I've been having a grand time with my Vintage Mystery Challenge and the Color-Coded Challenge.

5. Reviews by my fellow bloggers. I don't have all that many people in my life who read like I do. So, having people suggest books to me doesn't happen all that often. You'd think it would since I work in an English Department at a university...but not so much. I love reading the reviews and finding new books to put on the TBR list (like I need more...but that's another story).

6. It allowed me to "meet" Carol K Carr, author of India Black: A Madam of Espionage Mystery and read her fabulous book as an ARC. Never would have happened without blogging.


Okay...that's it. I'm sure there are many more reasons why I love blogging. But I can't think of them at the moment.....


4 comments:

Yvette said...

Good reasons galore, Bev. You are the Queen of Challenges, m'dear. I never would have 'met' you and exchanged books and found so many Vintage writers if not for MY READER'S BLOCK. :)

Bev Hankins said...

I do love me a challenge! I'm glad you came along, Yvette! You're definitely one of the good ones!

LBC said...

I started to blog to track my reading as well. And I love having the record. It is like a back up drive for my cruddy memory.

Here's my list

Red said...

I commend you on your challenges! They wear me out. I'm with you on your 1, 2 and 5 reasons