Monday, April 4, 2011

A-Z Blogging Challenge: Letter C

Onward to Day 3 of the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays) I will be doing posts for each letter of the alphabet. It is my plan to make my posts reading &/or book-related. April 4th is brought to you by the Letter C.

C is for Challenges. Who knew when I started my blogging life that there would be so many Reading Challenges out there to tempt me? There are Challenges for every taste in books--from Vintage Mysteries to Victorian Literature; from Paranormal to Gothic; from Chunkster books (over 450 pages) to Nonfiction. There are Challenges based on your Birth Year and Challenges to get you to check more books out of the Library. If you participated in Challenges last year, there are even Challenges to entice you to Outdo Yourself. If you've had books that have been sitting around waiting to be read forever then you could have signed up for the TBR Reading Challenge or the Off the Shelf Challenge and get those books off your conscience. AND for those of us who have no self control over our Challenge habits....there's even a Challenge Addict Challenge. Believe me, that doesn't even give you the tip of the iceberg.

I, as you might have guessed, am one of those Challenge Addicts. I just can't resist them. Someone on my blogroll posts about one that sounds interesting and the next thing I know I've signed up for another one. They all just sound too darn good. How about you? Do you sign up for Challenges.? And if you do, do you find that they're like Lays potato chips--you can't have just one?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm constantly impressed with all those who participate in reading challenges. I make a goal for myself each year (this being the second year I starte) on how many I'd like to read and that is just a goal for me.

Good luck for all that you take in and know that you're an inspiration!!

Great blog! I stopped in to welcome you to the A to Z challenge! I'm a co-host should have any questions just ask away! I do hope you'll stop by for a visit! We're also having fun on twitter (I'm @jenunedited and we're at #atozchallenge)!

fredamans said...

I love these challenges, makes me do more.
Great post!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/c-is-for-cake.html

Yvette said...

Yes, you DO LOVE Challenges, Bev. I don't know how you keep them all straight. I can barely handle the few I'm doing this year. Maybe it's an 'age' thing. Ha!