Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WWW Wednesdays: Whatcha Reading?




WWW Wednesdays is Hosted By MizB over at Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three questions....

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?

Current Reads: Soulless by Gail Carriger. I found this one as a result of browsing the Teaser Tuesday posts. Shelley Munro over at
Adventure Into Romance had posted her teaser sentences from Changeless, the second book in this series. It looked so good that I just had to run to the library and get both of them. Here's the blurb from the back of Soulless: "First she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster who se father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette. Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia [Tarabotti] accidently kills the vampire--and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate. With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe that Alexia is responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and to they have treacle tart?"



What I'm Supposed to be Reading: The Divine Comedy II: Purgatory by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers. Having just finished Hell, I'm having a hard time getting into this one. This is my next read for several of the challenges I've signed up for. I suppose I shouldn't have let the Carriger books distract me, but they are so fun (at least Soulless is so far)!



Just Finished Reading (click titles for reviews):
The Divine Comedy I: Hell by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers)
Strong Poison by Dorothy L Sayers

Up Next:
The Divine Comedy III: Paradise by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers & Barbara Reynolds)
Madam Crowl's Ghost & Other Stories by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu
Changeless by Gail Carriger
Miss Tonks Turns to Crime by Marion Chesney

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Some day I need to get Gail Carrigers books to read too!

My WWW this week at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories


jackie ^_^

Kate Scott said...

I read the Divine Comedy a few years ago... wasn't much impressed by it. Kind of depressing. Here's my WWW: http://parchmentgirl.com/2010/09/22/www-wednesdays-no-one/

Sugar and Snark said...

Also reading Soulless! Enjoy :D

shaunesay said...

I want to read the Carriger books too, they look fun. Hang in there, I'm impressed that you're tackling the Dante books, I've not been brave enough! Reminds me too much of school English lol!

My WWW is here if you'd like to stop by!

Aleksandra said...

Wow, you're reading Soulless, that's great! I absolutely loved it :) Changeless is good, too. I loved The Divine Comedy :) I have to re-read it some time :) Happy reading!