Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Table Talk Tuesday


Table Talk Tuesday is a book blogger meme hosted by Cheryl at CMash Loves to Read. Click on the link for the full scoop (and to add yourself to her Mr. Linky to participate). But here are the basics:

The meme is meant to help book bloggers get to know one another. We'll just sit down, have a cup of coffeee or tea (and maybe a scone or two), and chat. She wants us to list three tidbits about ourselves or three questions to answer. So link up, start visiting, and let's have a big ol' coffee/tea party!

In answer to Cheryl's questions this week:

1. Do you decorate your home in the warm or cool colors palette? My house is mainly decorated in neutrals and browns. If I had my way (one of these days, I'll redecorate...), it would be in blues.

2. What is your most favorite chair to read in and what is its color? I'm generally reading on the sectional sofa (with an extra pillow at my back) and it's a light brownish/clay color with dark brown weaving through it. When it's nice, I'm sitting out in my brown-cushioned lounge chair.

3. What color shirt/top are you wearing? Black with blue & gold floral pattern.

And my inquiring mind wants to know:

1. Do you have any pets? In my time, I have had 2 cats (a chocolate point and a blue point siamese) and 2 dogs (lhasa apso & poodle mix). Now I get my dog fix when we dog-sit my mother-in-law's little white poodle.

2. What is your favorite dessert (so we can imagine we're having it with our coffee/tea). Mmm, chocolate pie!

3. How long have you been blogging? Since April...so I'm still fairly new. Wouldn't have even occured to me if a friend of mine hadn't told me about his blog. Now I'm trying to figure out what I did before I started blogging.



5 comments:

CMash said...

Hey Bev...good to see you again!!
1. My son's dog, Bronx, (he is a big NY Yankee fan. The dog is a weimarainer that has separation anxiety and would make the dog whisperer quit his job!!! lol BUT he will be gone by the end of the week. My son is moving into the house he just bought. By Bronx!!!!!
2. ok..just for today since I'm on a diet, a slice (make that a BIG slice) blueberry cheese cake.
3. Went public in December and loving every minute of it!!
Meet you again next week? Same time, same table?
CMash

Lily said...

1. Well, let's see, I have six children...ooh wait they don't count as pets *smile*. With six children we have an assortment of animals 3 cats, a dog, and two fish that I am aware of. I've been known to house various other things *shudder* unawares. Thankfully no one has an affinity for snakes or I may faint dead away!!

2. My favorite dessert is my daughter's chocolate cheesecake that she makes from scratch. It is rich and delicious. She puts chocolate curls on top. I will have to look through my picture archives and see if I can find one of her yummy treat!

3. I have been blogging since June 2007. I started on the recommendation of a friend to keep track of my writing. If I had my druthers I would pursue a masters in English, possibly with a creative writing or literature focus. But life is not going to allow for that at the moment, it is a dream of mine! I almost abandoned my blog at one point, but was encouraged to start again earlier this year. My blog was overhauled in May of this year. It is not quite what I want it to be just yet, but it is getting there with my limited time!
~Lily
www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

Jeanne C. said...

Hi there! I'm your newest follower coming from Cheryl's Table-Talk!
I have two pets: a bassett hound named Daisy, and a little black kitty named Coalie.
I LOVE BLUEBERRY PIE! :) With a scoop of vanilla ice cream, of course.
I've been blogging since February of 2010, and I love it!

Anonymous said...

At the present time, I have a dog and my son has a cat. In the past we've had birds, fish, iguana and hamsters.

I love Hot Fudge Cake from Shoney's.

Anonymous said...

I have 2 cats. Jasmine is a medium hair diluted tortie and Purrcy is a white and grey short hair. Purrcy purrs all of the time which is how he got his name. My fave dessert? Probably pistachio ice cream.