Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Catch-Up Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up



I have just finished up the Fall Catch-up Read-a-thon hosted by Michelle at A True Book Addict. Although I did read four books as anticipated, I didn't quite meet my goal. My fourth book was intended to be The Divine Comedy III: Paradise by Dante--but as you can see below, I didn't make it. I did give my self an extra few hours on the read-a-thon. My co-rec softball team needed me for a double-header this afternoon and I decided I deserved the extra time for not letting the team down. (It's 8 pm somewhere...right?) This was a great read-a-thon...really made me keep working on the first two books of The Divine Comedy.

Here's my list. Books read have the date and reviews may be found by clicking on the titles.

1. The Divine Comedy II: Purgatory by Dante Alighieri (trans Dorothy L Sayers) (read 9/26/10)
2. Strong Poison by Dorothy L Sayers (read 9/20/10)
3. The Divine Comedy III: Paradise by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers & Barbara Reynolds)
4. Soulless by Gail Carriger (read 9/22/10)
5. Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie (read 9/26/10)

3 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Great job, Bev! It's perfectly okay to add hours on. I do it all the time unless it's a read-a-thon with strict time constraints...mine was a very laid back readathon. I hope you enjoyed it and that you will join me for my next one!

brandileigh2003 said...

Great job! I didn't meet my goals :(

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Emily said...

Wow, you got a lot done! I really need to get around to reading The Divine Comedy someday.